Friday, January 25, 2008

What makes you strong?

Tonight in class Devon did 14 kipping pull ups for a new personal record. Great job! She has a goal of 15 pull-ups by Valentine's Day. She'll make it no problem!

I found this great post from a fellow Crossfitter in Philadelphia.  How do you get strong? 
There are such preconceived notions of what it takes to be strong.  Do you have to go to a gym and use machines to be strong?  Is a treadmill the only way to get cardiovascular training?  How did people get fit before modern gyms existed?  Everyone knows by now that I am a perfect example of how the traditional gym format can fail.  I have spent my entire life avoiding exercise.  I was always too intimidated, bored or just plain confused to go to the gym.  Crossfit has turned me into a person that looks forward to my workout and challenges me in ways I never dreamed possible.  Anyway, thanks for listening!  See you in class!


If the girls from Pilates class could see me now!

No comments: